Tuesday, March 21, 2006

what could make me into a sprinter.....

I'm back home from my gig, and it was fine.
I think I might write this so that it all rhymes.
Then again, perhaps I'll save that for another time.

bet you can't wait!! haha.

Really, the gig tonight went really well. The pieces weren't too crazy, although one was pretty fast and had some tricky counting things. But it all went really smoothly. The funny thing is that I have previously played for the women who hired me tonight! In my first year in Toronto I played for her daughters bat mitzvah- small world huh?!

I have to say that the most stressful thing about tonight, is that I got asked to page turn. It shouldn't really be a big deal, I did up to my grade 10 rcm, so I know how to read piano music. But there is something about having the pianist rely on you to make his performance go smoothly that I find so SCARY!!! Give me a solo to sight read under a spot-light and I'm fine, but make me turn pages for someone and I just want to run away- really, really fast. More like sprint away- Ben Johnson watch out!

anyways, I'm (obviously!) tired, so it's time for me to sprint away to bed. (a whole 8 feet, ooooh, out of control!) turning pages has worn me out!!

7 comments:

Karmen said...

I hate page turning too! It's so stressful!!

"When do I stand up? Do they want me to turn down the top corner so they can see what's coming up? Did they just nod? Yes? No? Ahhh, I missed it!!! Okay, phew - crisis averted. I hope I don't turn two pages at once or knock the book off the stand!"

Jillian Camwell said...

For you, my dear...an oldy but a goody...

My blog for Shauna

Thumbing Luxury said...

Jill- Which date should this take me to? It just links me up to your page right now!
thanks!

Thumbing Luxury said...

oops- never mind!! thanks jill- that is fantastic..... now if only I could have the house on the lake.....

Anonymous said...

I thought it said "what could make me into a spinster"!

Thumbing Luxury said...

well you're the one living with me.....

Anonymous said...

that's your first warning! :)