Wednesday, March 08, 2006

rockin out and doin dishes to brahms 4

well, if you have to do dishes to end your evening, you might as well do it right and listen to Brahms 4. I have to admit that I haven't always been a fan of Brahms. Infact, not until about a year or 2 ago did I really start to appreciate him. Maybe I'm just getting older (and wiser, haha?!!!) but I think it's actually because Brahms is really, really good.

What a week it's been so far. There is a crazy cold and flu going around, and every single one of my students in the past 2 weeks has had some sort of cold, cough, sniffles or flu. Jeremy had it really bad- poor guy. he's in bed already. By the way.... HE ROCKS!! It's the end of Brahms 4 and it just got really loud, and I ran to turn it down and he's like "NO!!! Keep it loud or turn it up!!!" and here I thought he was already sleeping....... maybe it was just to get out of doing dishes...... hmmmmm!!!

I ordered a few new things from Flute World the other week, (yes, there is such a place as flute world, and yes I am that big of a flute geek!!) anyways, I got the delivery stub yesterday and excitedly went for a walk to pick up my package today. Sadly, the cool piece I ordered must have been back-ordered, and my new piccolo gadget I was so excited about didn't come either. (if you can call a piccolo spit flag thing a gadget.....) I did get a new cd- which is SO COOL!!! I am learning one of the pieces on it, and having the cd is going to help a ton. And a new flute choir piece for my students this summer at band camp came as well.

By the way- my hair in a pony tail goes past the end of my neck! I don't think it's been this long since I cut it all off in grade 3 and started my chameleon hair life style. the big square head home perm (not such a good idea if you have natural waves.... but who knows that in grade 5?), a disaster almost bald hair cut in grade 7 which dashed any dreams of popularity for the rest of that year (you just can't be cool when your new nickname is 'baldy'), the mushroom cut, almost longish again, then back to short all through high school... although every natural(ish) shade of the rainbow (does fire-engine red count as natural??) blonde, brunette, red. I've done it all. And before I go all crazy and run out to the 24 hour shoppers drug mart to get my colour fix (even after 2 years I crave the adrenaline rush and anticipation of seeing a new colour!) I better go to bed! Good-night!!

2 comments:

Jillian Camwell said...

Ah, Brahms!! One of my top 5 composers! Brahms 3 though...it melts my heart!!

Who are your top 5? Mine: Mahler, Brahms, Prokofiev, Strauss, Bach ("One of these things is not like the other...") Stretching to 10? Poulenc, Dvorak, Ravel, and hmmm... let's see, I'll have to think about it. Can't just give away spots like that! I can also just think of dozens I absolutely adore. Ah, musicians. Don't make us choose!

Thumbing Luxury said...

top 5....... it's a tough choice!! and i am very indecisive!!
Beethoven, Shostakovich, Mahler, Bach, and I have to think about it........ could be Brahms, could be Mozart, could be someone else!!!
For a top 10, I don't even know- my tastes change so much from day to day, it's very eclectic!!!