Thursday, March 30, 2006

finally a spare moment!

Okay, Okay!! It's only been a week! And things are going to be even crazier for the next month!

So, things are going really well here. really well. I had a break through with one of my students yesterday- finally he could tongue and play the correct rhythms and all at the same time!! We've been working on articulation and basic rhythms since September- and FINALLY all the hard work paid off. YAY!!! I was so happy and proud of him. And I think that he was thrilled too. He was practically dancing by the end of his lesson. too cute.

Yesterday before teaching, I had a Doctors Appt (I needed a referral to see an allergist) I also had a massage, and finished up shopping for Jeremy's Birthday, which is April 11th. I bought him a Lululemon hoodie/jacket the other day, planning to stash it somewhere for a few weeks, without realizing that I was teaching late and Jeremy was going to be home when I got there, so- Surprise! Happy Birthday 2 weeks early. I'll try to post a picture of it later this weekend.

I have a ton of playing coming up. I'm playing with Mississauga Symphony next weekend, and am playing with the Conservatory Orchestra for their concert next Friday (Bartok Concerto for Orchestra- fun!) and I am playing principal flute for Scarborough Philharmonic for their last concert- May 6th. Also am playing Principal flute for half of Toronto Wind Orchestra's next concert. Needless to say, I have lots to practice.

We are also in the process of starting our own business. We've bought our domain names, and hopefully next week will be able to register our business names. So we will be busy designing our web page, making business cards and all of that jazz. I am also working on designing some fun music games- which will be available to purchase in limited quantities off of our website. I'll post a bit more about all of that once all of the legalities are finalized.

Okay, sorry for the boring post- but that's all I've got for right now.

time to practice!!

No comments: