Sunday, March 19, 2006

waiting game

stupid day. I got a call the other evening to play a gig- a rehearsal today, and the concert on Tuesday night. They were even going to pick me up at a subway stop, and take me to the rehearsal. So, I got up earlier than I would have liked (thank goodness for coffee!!) and got ready, and left to go to our meeting spot (a 45 minute subway ride, if you don't have to wait for a train) got there early, only to wait outside in the cold and wind for 50 minutes. ARGH!! So the question I am asking myself is what should I do?? I know the rehearsal is supposed to start at 1, and here it is already 1:05. I think my ride must have forgotten. She didn't call and of course, I was stupid and forgot to get her phone # the other night. My answer was go home. Because she was picking me up, I didn't have the address for the rehearsal location so I couldn't take a cab. sooo frustrating, and a waste of 2 subway tokens. Now I can only wait for her to call me tonight. yippie.

The good thing is that I have now written up a gig checklist, with all of the info I need to get when the person calls.

The rest of the weekend wasn't too crazy. We played poker on Friday night (we won!!) and then again last night at our place (we won again!) Yesterday day we had a cleaning fest and now our place is spotless! Jeremy even moved out the fridge and stove and vaccuumed and cleaned out under them. We even hung some pictures in the bathroom, although they need different mats inorder to match a bit better.

I'm still pissed about waiting in the cold and wind for 50 minutes. I think I need to go for a walk and work off the rage.

No comments: