Sunday, May 07, 2006

sunny sunday evening

what a weekend it's been. yesterday I had the concert with Scarborough Phil, which actually went pretty well. I really had a great time playing- especially Brahms 2. awesome flute part. Although there were a few interesting moments within the orchestra, I was really happy with my playing, although exhausted by the end. needless to say, the beer at home after the concert tasted really good. (ahh Trad.) Apparently the flute position there is opening up, so we'll see what happens.

Had a good time doing a bunch of nothing today. Did some laundry, and ironed the sheets (yes, ironed the sheets....... i know........ but it really does make a difference!!!) organized the bathroom drawers and cupboards. and now i'm just waiting to eat the chicken that is roasting on the BBQ. It's the first time we've done a whole one at once, so hopefully it turns out!!!

well, that's all for now. we're waiting to hear from a couple of friends so we can maybe get a poker game together this evening. time to veg.

1 comment:

Karmen said...

Awww . . . I miss the impromptu card game nights . . . *sigh*

How did the chicken turn out? We're finally getting a BBQ this weekend! I'm buying one from a friend at work. I can't wait to get grilling! Well . . . Rich will do the grilling, I'll do the eating! ;)

Love to you and Jeremy!