Saturday, May 27, 2006

other people's junk

It is GORGEOUS outside.

We got up really early (for a Saturday) and met our friends to check out a big street sale that their neighbourhood was having. They didn't have too much luck, but Jeremy and I had a few finds- some records, a VHS of Amadeus, and some terracotta pots for our front stairs. I was planning on just going down to china town to get some cheap plastic pots instead, but you can't beat $3 for 6 pots!! ooh- also got an old italian glass decanter, which is currently housing, not wine (unfortunately!), but some beautiful orange tulips.

Since it was still early, we decided to go out for some brunch- and sat on a patio for a little while.

Jeremy and I shopped around for a bit after that, found some amazing ergonomic German Chairs for our kitchen..... (you can always dream!!), looked at a fish market, and almost bought some delicious looking tuna sashimi.....

and all before noon.

I taught a flute lesson this afternoon, and am now watching this crazy dude on tv, that can levitate, rip telephone books apart- I think his name is Chris Angel? I'm just waiting for my rice to cook, and then I'm making some sushi for lunch. then perhaps buying some flowers to plant in our new pots!

we might see x-men 3 tonight!!

1 comment:

Karmen said...

Sounds like a great day! I miss Toronto so much sometimes!!

I was going to update you on my day here, but why not just check my blog :)