Sunday, May 14, 2006

nori anyone?

Happy Mother's Day Mom!!

Had a gig with my friend Pam today, playing a Mother's Day concert in a retirement 'mansion'. I have to say that even though there really isn't any rep for flute and violin duo, the concert and program was okay. nice and light, cheery, perfect for mother's day. not very challenging rep...... I guess playing duo's that I also use with my students would explain that one!!

It has been around a week now since I started changing food things...... and I feel GREAT!!! I can't believe how much happier and positive I've become. I want to sit up straight, and go to sleep early. I've lost around 5 pounds I think (we don't have a scale, I'm of the mind it's how you look and feel, not what a number on the scale dictates) I feel full and light and happy after a meal, and I hardly need to snack. I also feel more alert. I NEVER thought, especially being from Alberta, that I would think about eating less meat.

Speaking of eating........... I went to the allergist on Friday morning to be re-tested for my shellfish allergy. I wanted to determine exactly which shellfish I was allergic to. Plus, I am sick of carrying an epi-pen, worrying about cross contamination while eating out........ and, I REALLY MISS SHELLFISH!!! I tested positive for a shrimp allergy about 13 years ago, and to my dismay haven't had a bite since.

Well, well, well...... turns out that I might be one of the VERY few percentage of people who out grow a shellfish allergy. I tested negative for it all. EVERYTHING. As much as I wanted to run out of the dr's office in a fit of hysterical giggles and cheers, and bust a move to the all you can eat buffet at Red Lobster, I can't get too excited yet...... we have to wait for a blood test, and then I have to do a fresh food test....... where I get to eat shrimp, lobster and crab at the allergists to determine if there is still an allergy. 6-7 weeks until I know. I can't freakin wait.

Time to go kick Jeremy's ass at dr. mario.

No comments: