Thursday, May 11, 2006

rainy, blustery and totally fresh outside.

I finished reading the macrobiotics book and, for better or for worse, it has made me really think about what we are putting in our bodies. Some of the things the author says really make a lot of sense. So we'll see. I am going to go on a search for a new book, which actually includes more information, and I think more of a detailed menu plan.

I do have to say that after only a few days of eating more grains, (rice, sushi rice, brown rice, and oats so far), way more veggies, and a lot less meat, I feel better. but really, should that be surprising???

Had a great meal last night with our friend Pam. We made tempura veggies (mushrooms, asparagus, broccoli, carrots and zucchini) and veggie sushi rolls. yum. a few other friends came over after for a couple games of poker, and beer. good times.

I was supposed to start pilates today, but my instructor had to cancel. Now I have a ton of free time before I teach. I'd love to crawl back into bed, but instead I have to practice and make up a concert program and write program notes for a mother's day concert I am playing with Pam on Sunday. I'm hoping there will be some time for a nap later on.........

No comments: