Friday, April 21, 2006

almost like being out of the city

I love where we live. LOVE IT. Which is really weird, because ever since I moved to Toronto 4 years ago I basically wanted to move away. And now, I love it. Mostly, it's because I love where Jeremy and I are living. I love how close it is to High Park. (It's also 3 minutes to walk to get groceries, at a really cheap store, and about 2 minutes to walk to the subway..... so not only is it quaint, it's in a great, convenient location as well................. and now we have a bbq!!!!) anyways.... I have today off, and since it's supposed to be rainy , dreary and cold all weekend, I thought I'd walk to High Park this morning.


Upon arriving, I was a bit disappointed that see that the cherry tree's
aren't in full bloom yet. After the past couple of really warm days, I was sure they'd be amazing. Alas, they're not quite there yet, but I still got a couple of nice photos:


Lots of the other plants are starting to bud- and in a couple more days, it is going to be incredible. Especially this HUGE magnolia tree I found today. can't wait.
It is so nice to be close to High Park. Once you're in it, you don't even feel like you're in the middle of the city. There's a huge pond ("lake") with all types of birds.


Today I saw some woodpeckers, cardinals, ducks and geese, swans, finches, and a cute wren. Also saw chickadees, juncos, numerous sparrows (and chipping sparrows, so cute!!) robins, and some other type of mystery bird, which I'll look up later this afternoon after I'm done some cleaning. Also saw squirrels and a chipmunk. All in TORONTO. crazy. It's great to have a place to go when you need to escape the craziness of a big city, and you don't have a car to drive away.

Not too much planned for this weekend. Might see some friends tonight, might play some poker tomorrow night. will sleep in. might see a movie. will practice. might work-out......

time for lunch!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm soooo jealous! I can't wait to figure out where that first picture was taken!

Anonymous said...

GEEEEEZZ Dave, so nice of you to correct my punktuation (typo) on you're ferst responce to my bloging!! You should know that its a dayley struggel for me to korrectly desifer the propper usage of pozzesive and plural s-es in my kwest to improove my gramer.......

must have been all those saxophone class's I took.....

Jillian Camwell said...

Isn't it "grammar", honey? ;)