Friday, September 07, 2007

A reading adventure!!

Instead of reading the newspaper, or watching the news every morning, I allow myself a few minutes to peruse the latest happenings in the lives of the people who write my very favourite blogs. (Look for an new side column with links in the near future)

This morning I was thrilled, having just finished reading a book, to find a post on a blog I frequent inviting readers to enjoy a book, all together. I love the idea of all of us readers/writers/bloggers reading and enjoying a book at the same time. I've often thought about joining a book club to experience the joy of reading a book at the same time as someone else. To be able to discuss our thoughts, our feelings. I'm so excited to finally do it!!

Such a clear picture comes to mind- It's late at night, the house is quiet. A window is open to allow the crisp, fall air to gently blow in. Beside the window, I am reading by the light of a solitary lamp, wrapped in my favourite throw. My cup of tea is just about empty. Glancing at the clock, I discover it is way past my bedtime. I get up, but instead of crossing the room to my bed, I head to the kitchen and put on the kettle for a fresh pot of tea. It's going to be a little while yet before sleep beckons.

If any of you want to join me, I encourage you to check out this fabulous blog, Tales from Pixie Wood, not only for the invite, but also to discover all of the fabulous adventures in housekeeping, recipes, inspiring posts, and great writing. Enjoy. I hope some of you decide to join us.

No comments: