Friday, September 14, 2007

I will never be a hand model.

It's funny how we discover things. I have just discovered that I will never, ever be a hand model. No Palmolive commercials are in my future. I do NOT have photogenic hands. They look quite nice, at least I think so, in person. But in a picture? NOT AT ALL. However, I digress. Let's see what even made me decide to attempt taking a picture of my hands.

How is it that in the past 28 years, being quite a girly girl, I have not ever had a French manicure? I've had a normal manicure on the very rare occasion (re. weddings), but I just don't function like a normal person when I'm wearing nail polish. I can't look in my purse for fear of denting the polish, and then there's the matter of trying to undo, or do up a zipper, without chipping anything. Don't even think about gardening, cooking or cleaning. Even while wearing rubber gloves I have managed to mangle a manicure. It seems that no matter how hard I try, the nails look fabulous for a hour, and then I bash my hand into something and the glamour is destroyed.

Yesterday, while celebrating the last few days of my friends single life, we decided it would be fun to get manicures. Knowing that my nails would need to stay beautiful for over 2 days until the wedding, I decided to forgo the usual red, or dark polish in favour of something...... lighter. And behold!! A lovely French Manicure!
So far so good, and it's almost been 24 hours. Keep you fingers crossed I can make it another 24!! (And yes, I do have a thumb, it just didn't photograph well).

1 comment:

Monika @ Lovely Bookshelf said...

Hi! I found your blog through Google's blogsearch. I'm a flutist, too. =)

Love the manicure! I play harp as well so I never have nails. We have to keep them even shorter than we do for flute. Boooo! (but it's worth it hehehe)

Nice to meet ya!