Thursday, September 20, 2007

Busy as a...... Flutist!! And more 'Fall Gifts'

I love my life as a musician. Right now it is exactly where I want to be. I have a full studio of fabulous students, with only a few available lesson slots left. And it's still September!! I've been practicing hard, preparing for 3 performances in November. I'm playing 2 full recitals in Ontario, and then I'll be performing in Canmore, Alberta, as part of the Vic Lewis Festival. Exciting!! I'm very much looking forward to it. The past couple years I've spent most of my practice time practicing technique- scales, scales, scales and more scales, and I have to say that it's pretty nice to feel that all that work is taking my playing to the next level. I LOVE playing my flute, and I am especially enjoying being able to play the more virtuostic technical passages with ease, and musicality. Love it.

Around the Coach House we are in the process of switching into fall mode. The straggly summer plants have been replaced by gloriously huge mums and there's a new mat at the front door to greet all of my students. Although I have to admit that the mat makes me pretty happy every time I come home too!! It could have something to do with my love of birds, and the fact that the new mat has a super cute Chickadee on it!!
As you can see in the above photo, there have also been more instances of 'fall gifts' around the Coach House. I found a perfect peanut, still in it's shell, nestled in with the petunia's yesterday. And today, when I went out to photograph the mat, I found this: Right outside our front door!! I'm pretty convinced that it is the same white bellied grey squirrel who is leaving all of the goodies, as I heard him rustling in the tree behind me while I was taking the pictures!

3 comments:

Monika @ Lovely Bookshelf said...

I love the mat, it is nice!

Congrats on the almost full studio, woot woot!!!

Thumbing Luxury said...

Thanks, Monika!!
Do you have a blog too?!

Thumbing Luxury said...

Monika-
I saw on your web-site that you play hand bells as well!! I'm playing a recital in November, and am actually looking for a piece for flute and hand bells, or flute, piano and hand bells (Just one or 2 people playing the hand bell part). It needs to be pretty easy to put together- Do you have any recommendations?!!
Thanks!!!!