Friday, September 07, 2007

Fall Gifts

I know that Fall is just around the corner, but it sure doesn't feel like it with the 33 degree weather we are having today! Still, the animals know that the seasons are starting to change. The first big flock of geese flew over our little coach house this morning while we were drinking our coffee and listening to the radio. Then, on Jeremy's way out the door to work, we discovered this present left in our plant, presumably left by the cute, grey, white bellied squirrel that quickly scrambled up the tree when the door opened.
"Hee, hee". Jeremy and I laughed about this seemingly random storage place for an apple. Imagine my surprise when I went down to do some laundry later on and discovered this at the bottom of our front steps!
I especially love the little nibble marks on the top left corner. I am even more amused at the scene pictured in my mind, of the little squirrel dragging along this massive loaf of french bread, so pleased with his bounty. I'll be giggling about that all day while I'm cleaning house. I'll just have to make sure the image doesn't pop into my mind while we're playing cards tonight. It is not a good thing to immediately follow an "I'm all in" with uncontrolled giggles!!

No comments: