Monday, October 23, 2006

Bowling, Boxes and Brunch!

I had a great birthday weekend. Saturday night was so fun- bowling was a riot!! The first ball I threw was a strike, and it stayed pretty similar until my arm got tired toward the end of the 2nd game. Who would have thought?!! I won the first game, and Jeremy won the 2nd game. After 2 hours of glow in the dark, black lighting and disco lighting we headed out to the pub by our place, where we celebrated with a few drinks, and some fun conversation.

We slept in, and then after presents and phone calls, we headed out to our old neighbourhood and had brunch at the best greasy spoon in Toronto- People's. Melissa stayed with us for the weekend, which was such a nice surprise and it was lovely to have her as our guest and to have brunch with her and Michael.

A luxurious nap in the afternoon was followed by a rehearsal last night with the Toronto Wind Orchestra, and I was again spoiled by my friend Laura who surprised me with cake (complete with flaming candles) and a bottle of scotch.

It was my best birthday since I moved to Toronto, and I would like to thank everyone for their kind thoughts and cards and wishes. I love you and miss you!!

No comments: