Wednesday, August 02, 2006

mmmmm chunky almond butter

We have a new addition to our fridge- chunky almond butter. Which, when applied in copious amounts, is absolutely delicious!!! Add some homemade crabapple jelly, and you are in for a taste so decadent it's hard to believe it's just toast for breakfast!!! mmmm.

Last night we stayed in to watch the baseball game, and Rockstar SuperNova. The game, well, not so good. But Rockstar SuperNova was great. Love that show! Such a step above all of the 'idol' shows. To accompany our tv evening, I made some yummy chinese food. Chow mein noodles with bean sprouts, yellow zucchini, mushrooms, fresh grean beans, and some red pepper- colourful and delicious. I also had a craving for ginger beef- but since we've been eating quite a lot of meat recently, we decided to try out ginger tofu instead. I marinated the tofu in some organic hawaiian ginger, soy sauce and garlic for a few hours, then, to really get the crispy feel, made some tempura batter to dip the tofu in before frying in almond oil. It was pretty good- although the almond oil was a bit salty. I'll opt for safflower or even sesame oil next time. Overall, it was a pretty good tv meal.

Not too much on the go today. I plan on practicing for a couple hours, and then I'm not sure what to do. There is a dress at Zara I want to try on- it is the perfect summer gig dress. But I don't really want to tempt myself.... or maybe I do...... And today is the day I start writing my book...... maybe I'll head to a coffee shop and do some people watching and latte drinking while I write.....

Tomorrow I'm getting a hair cut!!! Just a trim- I want to keep it long, but I am in need of a new funkier style for fall. I'm trying a new place and person........ keep fingers crossed!! (No more 'baldy' incidents please!!!! although in this heat a cute pixie crop is tempting.........)

13 days left until I fly to Calgary! I can't wait to take a road trip up to Edmonton with my Sister and my Mom. It's been at least 6 years since I last visited my old home town. I can't wait to drive past our old house!!!!

Okay, enough procrastination- time to practice, plus I just realized that Jeremy taped the final episode of Canada's Top Model for me while I was away and I still haven't watched it..... the addition of trash t.v to my day just made it so much more exciting!!!!

2 comments:

Just the Goods said...

I :heart: Zara... you should DEFINITELY try on the dress, at the very least. And, since you're a performer, can't you write off clothing as a business expense? Technically, you should be able to write off cosmetics, as well... as long as its MAC (since its one of the only officially approved television/stage make up approved by the government of Canada ;-) ha ha ;-)

Anyway... should really should try on the dress -- it could end up being your favourite outfit of the summer!!!

Sorry... I'm bad at buying pretty summer dresses vicariously through others ;-)

Greg and Farrell Clark said...

When are you coming up to Edmonton?? I'd love to see you - although it sounds like you'll be there while we're in Florida, August 18-28? Anyway, have a great trip!

(Oh, and good luck with the book, I'm dying to know what it's about!)