Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Toronto to 1950's Baltimore in 5 minutes


Finally some time for an update!!! It has been a few very busy weeks, teaching and assisting at camps, and I am very glad to be back home, and able to unpack my suitcase without packing it up again right away. The laundry I'll be doing later today gets to get put away- in the drawers and closet instead of back in a suitcase! Although I had a great time travelling and teaching, it is nice to feel settled again.

Yesterday was my first day back from camp, and we had a great day!!! My close friend Chris stayed with us, and we had a relaxing morning, with a delicious breakfast and real, non-camp, coffee. mmmmmm. Feeling refreshed, we spent the afternoon wandering around a film set close to our house. They are going to be filming 'Hairspray' and the whole street has been converted back to the 50's, complete with 50's street lights, parking meters, storefronts, signs, and cars. Even the gas station has been restored!!

Here are a few pics from our excursion:




3 comments:

Karmen said...

Love the pics Shauna :) So much fun!!!

Natasha said...

Love the pictures with old-time cars and the modern-ish transit in the background. Classic. I am very jealous that you got to wander around a 50s set.

Just the Goods said...

Crazy! I recently saw that area of town m'self and was blown away - it's such a time warp! I had no idea it was for a film -- since I'm rarely around those parts, I just assumed it was a combo of intentional, accidental, and forgotten. I would have never recognized it as Toronto if I'd saw the flick, but now I'll keep my eyes peeled =-) I'm such a geek for trying to spot toronto in movies ... most interesting was U of T as MIT in some al pacino/colin ferrel movie... the whole annex and college street became boston. CF even had a drink at Lava Lounge ;-)