Tuesday, June 27, 2006

aaaaaahhhhhhhhhtml

So. I guess it was inevitable. Finally with a few free days, I decided that it was time to start building the webpage for Coach House Music. Now, this is no easy task for me...... considering that the first class I ever failed was Grade 7 Computers. And ever since I received that ominous big fat F, I've felt a little (more like hugely) overwhelmed whenever something to do with computers came up.

This actually all started with the map I recently put up (I have a viewer in Turkey!!). I just can't seem to figure out how to move the stupid thing over to the side, to the bottom right corner. So, I contemplated changing blog templates (hence the chaos, if you've been browsing recently). Yesterday I bit the bullet, and thought- What a great idea it would be to go to Chapter's and get a book on HTML. Over 2 hours later, after trying to read and understand countless books and computer jargon, I settled on 2...... One on blogging, and the other on HTML. I came home, and went to work.

I've started working on the Coach House Music site, which for now is going to be a blogger blog. After I'm finished teaching camp in 3 weeks I'll have a bit more time to devote to the actual webpage. But for now, it's just fine having some info up and running.

Obviously I got side tracked, and as you can still see, the map is still NOT in the lower right hand corner. Maybe later this afternoon.

You can check out Coach House Music here.

6 comments:

Thumbing Luxury said...

It's pretty amazing how fast you get the hang of this stuff!! I know that it wasn't really the hardest thing to do, but I'm so excited to have figured it out!! You can check out my updated map on the bottom left. YAY!

Karmen said...

Cool :) What book did you get? I've been meaning to check out html for a while now.

Jillian Camwell said...

Dave got HTML for Dummies a while back, which is pretty good.

Thumbing Luxury said...

I looked at that one at the store as well..... but it just wasn't quite what I was looking for. I ended up with 2 Visual Quick Project Books, by Elizabeth Castro, and I think when I start the real work on my page, I'll pick up her Visual Quick Start Guide. The pictures make everything really easy to undersand, and I like the way she explains everything!!

Karmen said...

I've always been a 'Dummies' fan - maybe I'll check it out!

Greg and Farrell Clark said...

Shauna - I think I *remember* you failing grade 7 computers!!! Too funny! Glad to hear it didn't scar you for life and you're jumping in to web design. I've fooled around with our blog page but I think that's as far as I want (aka have time) to go for now. Good luck!