Tuesday, January 23, 2007

i want a desk

now we just need to find one.......... and then work miracles to find a space to put it!! I've started writing again, but it is difficult to write without a proper place. And I don't like writing at the kitchen table. It's not the right size, and when I'm sitting there I just want to eat all day. So. The search for a desk begins, and the writing continues on the big chair. I'm an old school writer, apparently. I like the feeling of writing fiction with a pen and paper.

It's been all things creative here for the past week. As well as writing, I picked up my sketch book and have been doing some drawing with some sketching felts. Chickadee's and some other random ideas have all been sketched.

Practicing has been going well. I took a bit of a break for a while, gasp, I probably shouldn't admit it- as taking breaks are often frowned upon in my profession. It's fun to be playing, and I am thinking about scheduling a recital in May or maybe early/mid August.

Other crazy ideas have also been flying around in my brain. I'm thinking about going back to school, just thinking right now, and maybe doing something non-music related..... we shall see. I'm NOT saying that I'm stopping music. I'm just thinking about getting some schooling in an area that I could do while having a music career. I like to do too many things!! I'll post more about that if and when things get a little more serious!!

It's getting to be time for a haircut. It's January, which means that I am fighting the colour battle again. Blonde is beckoning....... maybe just some highlights?? Probably just a trim. It's getting long. When it's wet, it is mid back. That is CRAZY long for me. I think the longest it's been since I was in grade 3!!

I'm tired.

My sweatpants are calling my name.

Oh yeah! Mary- I dreamed about you last night!! We were in some forested place, teaching at a music camp. We were finished teaching for the day and were catching up on each other's lives. It was dusk when we were suddenly surrounded by mountain lions/cougars (just 2 of them). Luckily there was a good climbing tree near us, and we scaled up the tree and into the back door of the building near us!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's funny! I was just thinking about you today, wondering how you are doing.

Taking a break is GOOD! I always think of it as a renewal of sorts.

Whatcha thinking about for school??? Huh, huh, huh??? Tell me!!!!!!!!! Just bugging you. You can never have too much education, and you know what they say - It's good for the artistic soul to have a "day job" - that way you are never comprimising your art in the quest for money!

Can you honestly see me scaling a tree???? THAT would be a sight! LOL!

Miss you lots!
Mary