Thursday, December 28, 2006

Epic Christmas Adventures Part 1, Toronto

When you live in an apartment the size of a garage, you have to learn to improvise. We (or more accurately, I) desperately wanted a Christmas tree this year- which obviously brings up the issue of space- of which we have very limited quantities. Desperate times require desperate measures, and to have a Christmas tree was of dire importance. So, with 5 minutes and a pack of markers, our first Christmas tree was created!

The only thing that would make this tree complete was presents- which arrived the same day! Packed not in a red, velvet bag, but instead in a gorgeous red suitcase, our presents arrived safe and sound from Calgary. I dove in, and discovered japanese mandarins and a delicious fruit cake packed in with care. YUM! All that was left was to put the gifts under our fantastic new tree. Luckily we only had to wait a few days before we were able to open all of the presents!!


I spent the day cleaning and shopping for a strand of lights. Do you know how hard it was to find Christmas lights a few days before Christmas?! I searched everywhere, and finally found a few packs at the Shoppers Drug Mart 2 minutes from our place!! A strand of fun snowflake lights lit up the couch, and some coloured bulbs provided cheery colour.





The Christmas lights were lit and the
stockings were filled and 'hung'. Now all we had to wait for was the highly anticipated phone call from Calgary!




The phone finally rang and Christmas in Toronto could officially begin. Jeremy and I, along with our good friend Christopher, all took turns talking with my Mom, Dad, Sister and her boyfriend, while we opened up the gifts!!

As you can already tell, much fun and laughter occurred during the course of our long-distance Christmas phone call extravaganza. If you have to spend Christmas away from your family, this is the way to do it!!!
After our long and wonderful conversation, Christmas wishes, and long distance kisses and hugs, it was time to say "Good-bye". I didn't want to.... I couldn't hang up.... I missed my family so much! It was so hard to let them go! I put the phone down on the receiver and could feel the emptiness and sadness closing in.... Something had to be done- and quick!!! The fantastic atmosphere couldn't turn sad now!!! There was only one thing that could save the evening......



CHRISTMAS FASHION SHOW!!!!!

Jeremy modeling his new shirt and tie from my parents
And now holding up my present to him- "Hotter than I should be" of which the $$ spent on it goes toward the WWF campaign for climate change!
saveourclimate.ca








A new fun scarf from my Mom and Dad










My favourite new comfy shirt and new grey sweat pants from Lululemon....

Thank You!!!





Jeremy playing with his new Henckel knife set
Thank you Santa!!!

Thank goodness that Jeremy gets the gift of 'Danger Knowledge' in Winnipeg!!
With a stylish hat and mitt combo like this, there's only one place to go.....


WINNIPEG


Read about our adventures in Winnipeg....
coming soon

2 comments:

Karmen said...

Oooh, happy fun Christmas blogs!!! Yay! Great pics . . . I miss you both . . . Merry Christmas (belated)

Natasha said...

Yay!! Love the photos. It's good to see that the Danger book came in helpful (with the magic time travel of digital photography...) I can't wait to read your update about Winnipeg. I'm sure there are a bunch of photos I want from you. I'll email you a bunch later too.