Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Why I like L'Occitane

Yesterday I had to go to L'Occitane to buy a few goodies. Most of their products contain only natural, if not organic, ingredients, so I had an interesting conversation with the sales woman about the advantages and disadvantages of using, and selling such products.

While we were chatting she gave me some samples for my mom to try, and asked me if my mom was about her age, mid 40's. Well, I'm not going to disclose that kind of information here, but I gave the woman the general age bracket so she could determine what might be best for her. She asked me if my mom had similar skin to mine, (she does) and then asked me what products I used. I told her, and then inquired if I should maybe consider using an anti-aging product.... she laughed out loud!!

With a slightly more serious look she then asked me if she could ask me how old I was.

"Thirty." I told her. It's the first time I've been asked since the decade changed for me, and it felt pretty good to say it, I must admit.

What followed felt even better.

"You're THIRTY???????" She responded, "Really????!!!! You have AMAZING skin. No wrinkles. NONE. You're really THIRTY?????? Just look at those pores- what pores!! You can't even see them. Thirty?!!"

Yes, but I was smiling like a little kid for hours after that encounter, and I must have looked like I was five the way I gleefully walked down the street swinging my bag full of goodies. Age really is only a number.... but since genetics do play a role...

Thanks for the amazing DNA, Mom!!

5 comments:

Karmen said...

Haha!! Love it!!

30 isn't old, but I did read an article once that said "If you're wondering if you should start using anti-aging products, you're probably old enough to use them!"

I'd rather be proactive and hold off my wrinkles than try to get rid of one once it shows up! :)

bluemoon said...

Isn't it great when that stuff happens???

Greg and Farrell Clark said...

Wow - that must have felt great! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Shauna, this is Farrell's mom. Your mom as I recall always had beautiful skin as did you. Congratulations on being 30.

Sophia, L'Occitane USA said...

Dear Shauna,

We're so happy that you had such an enjoyable (and envious!) experience in our boutique! Thanks so much for including us in your blog!

Have a wonderful holiday season!

All the best,
Sophia, L'Occitane USA
http://usa.loccitane.com